Latin American Studies
In the Master’s in Latin American Studies you will study social transformations in Latin America from geographic, historical, economic, cultural, social, political and ecological perspectives. You will design your own research plan, do fieldwork in this exciting region and become a critical academic.
The Master’s in Latin American Studies offers a research-driven programme with an international focus. You will investigate social transformations in the region from a multidisciplinary and social-science perspective. The programme provides you with critical knowledge, academic skills and in-depth understanding of the academic literature. You are trained to become an autonomous researcher with all the research tools at your disposal to go on fieldwork in Latin America and investigate new phenomena in the area.
Why study Latin American Studies at UvA?
The Master’s in Latin American Studies offers you:
- An intensive and multidisciplinary programme: you will approach the dynamic field of Latin American Studies from an multidisciplinary perspective.
- A strong academic basis: the programme will equip you with research skills and knowledge to conduct research and fieldwork in Latin America.
- A research-driven programme: by developing your own research plan and undertaking a three-month fieldwork you will become an expert in a certain field, region or country.
- An international classroom: you will be engaging with students from all over the world, offering you an inspiring international community.
- A flexible curriculum: you are free to compose part of the curriculum by choosing electives, tutorials and external courses in your desired area of study.
Centre for Latin American Research and Documentation (CEDLA)
CEDLA is one of Europe’s leading institutes in Latin American Studies and contributes actively to the Latin American Studies community in the Netherlands. Students can make use of CEDLA’s unique library collection and excellent research and study facilities.
The Master’s Latin American Studies is an accredited, post-initial degree programme. After successful completion of this programme, students will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree and the title Master of Arts (MA) in Latin American Studies.
- MA Latin American Studies
- Regulier onderwijs
- 75 EC, 15 maanden
- Engels, Taal van de opleiding